On one of our free Sundays, we decided that we wanted to go to the zoo. Not just any zoo, the Biblical Zoo. It doesn't get much better than that!
So, we got the crew together, ordered a bus, and shuttled over to the zoo!
It was such a fun day...hot, as usual...but fun!! Zoos are always my favorite! It was a fun way to get out of the center and chill with the animals!
As soon as we walked in, we new it would be a good day. The first thing you see when you walk in is a big pool of water with a little island and bridges. It was so exotic! hahaha. Also, we saw so many adorable groups of children...I could not get over it.
 |
| Look at these girls with their matching hats. So stinking cute! |
 |
| Love them all! Juan, Pam, Camila, Lane, Brooke, Me, and Mary Jane. Steph and Annie not pictured. |
 |
| Chillin' with the penguins. |
 |
| I want to say that I wasn't ready for this picture, but apparently I was just real excited about the bird! |
 |
| The birds were just trying to wash their feathers. |
 |
| Bears. I have the funniest video of Camila talking to the bears...I wish I could show! She really wanted the bears to give her a kiss!! |
 |
| We saw some fun new animals. This bird was pretty interesting and cool! |
 |
| Just riding the train around the zoo. |
 |
| There was the coolest mosaic playground! I love me some elephants! |
 |
| These are for Lauren. They look like little guys though. |
 |
| The ark! Yes, there was an ark. It was sweet! We are obviously being animals, and Juan is obviously Noah. |
We all had a lot of fun at the zoo! We encountered some pretty entertaining animals. The gorillas were hard core putting on a show for us. I was pretty impressed with how well the zoo was kept up.
After we were done at the zoo, we headed over to the nearby mall. We were excited to step foot in a mall, because sometimes the Old City feels likes we are back in time. The mall and zoo were out of the main tourist areas, so not everyone spoke English. Steph and I were searching for the bathroom in the mall, and the girl we were asking only spoke Hebrew, it was one of the few times that I actually felt the separation barrier.
Everyone was pretty excited about H&M. I didn't end up getting anything. The funniest part was that Juan was the only boy, and we weren't sure that he would be up for shopping, but he ended up being the biggest shopper. It was cracking us all up! A guy that will put up with shopping...I guess we will keep him around! hahaha.
Steph, Camila, and I also got treats at the Jewish bakery in the mall...Jewish bakeries seem to be the places to find the best sweets! We were thoroughly satisfied!
It was a great day! I have great friends! :)
We send you to Israel to get spiritual and you just end up playing on Sundays! Wish that we would have visited as many fun places there as you are!!
ReplyDelete