So, my little sister gets on me about being such a blog slacker. . .but I think I just get overwhelmed by how much I haven't blogged about and I don't know where to begin!!!
I have had so much going on! It is so crazy that I will be graduating in less than a month! Where did all the time go? What is even crazier is that I leave for Utah in a month!! What in the world?? How did this happen so fast?! I know that I will have an amazing time at BYU, but it is definitely bittersweet!
Ok, so here goes my long, picture filled update!! (I definitely am more of a "picture is worth 1,000 words kind of person)
Middle of March: I finished up the school musical, Guys and Dolls, in March! It was a lot of fun and I'm so glad that I got to participate in it! It definitely tested my confidence because we had to wear leotards on stage (Oh my goodness!), it was not the highlight of the experience, but it was definitely interesting!! All together it was so much fun and I'm glad that I got to participate in the musicals throughout high school!
I was a tourist for the opening scene, so these were my fellow tourist friends!! Definitely not my most flattering outfit, I think everyone agreed that I had one of worst costumes, but I worked it! haha :)
March 29th- May 1st: EFY!!! I can't even begin to explain how amazing EFY was! I was a youth cochair, so I helped plan it, and it was such a wonderful experience! I gained such a love for all the youth in our stake! I even tested myself and could pretty successfully name all 200 youth from our stake! I thought it was quite an accomplishment!
This is me with most of my purple group seniors!! I love them!! At EFY, the seniors all dress up in their color, and the youth find out what group they are in when they get up there! Purple group was clearly the best!! :) I think Tiffany definitely beat us in her originality with the grapes, but we had a lot of fun!!
This is my entire purple group! Such a fun group of kids! I was so glad that I got to get to know them! I wish I could have bonded with them more, but it was hard when I was running around a lot!
My friends Tiffany, Kelly, Christel, Tori, and I decided that we wanted to have a little fun with the skits this year! We made up a dance to the song Boy Scout that is parody of the Tik Tok song! It was so funny and we had so much fun!!
I love these two!! Emerson, Christel, and I were the cochairs, and we had such a great time planning EFY!! They are both such hardworkers and are such great examples to me! We made a great team and had so many laughs throughout the year!! I am so grateful that I got to serve in this calling, it was an unforgettable year!
April 10th: My friends and I decided to go on a little road trip and my friend Becky said that her grandparents had a house in North Fork, which is about an hour away! So, Becky, Matt, Emerson, Brendan, and I spent a Saturday enjoying the great outdoors and had fun just getting away!
April 17th: I took my sister, Lauren, and her friend Brie to their first Quad Stake dance!! My little sister is growing up! haha
April 24th: This year was the first Quad Stake Mormon Prom!! It was fun! We didn't feel like going with dates, so we just went with a group! They set up a nice dinner for us and
Christel, Emerson, and I!
May 1st: I went to regular prom! It was a lot of fun! I'm not a big fan of how all the pictures turned out. . .but I love this picture of my two good friends, Maddy and Becky, and I. This is our "we see a hot guy" face! haha (More pictures are on my mom's blog)
May 4th: For mutual, my mom took pictures of my laurel class at the temple! The pictures turned out really cute! I love these girls! I'm going to miss them a lot!
May 6th: I turned the big 18!! I can't believe that I'm an adult! How did that happen? I don't really consider myself an adult. . .I think becoming an adult comes more by experiences, not by age!
I had a great day though!! I'm so grateful for all the great friends that I have! I definitely felt loved by my friends and family!!
This picture is after Becky, Maddy, and Brendan decorated my room! It was so cute!
My family had to get my out of the house so that my friends could decorate my room. . .so I took my sisters to the park! We had a little too much fun taking pictures on the self-timer! I love my sisters!
May 8th: Once again, my friends and I really wanted to go on a road trip! We didn't know exactly where we were going to go until the day of. . .but we headed to Monterey for a little bit and went to the beach in Carmel! It was a fun day!! The beach and friends. . .how could that not be fun?
Maddy fell asleep on the beach, so we decided to have a little fun and built a mote around her! It was the funniest thing. . .we were silent and she didn't even wake up! We even humored some of the people around us!
This is my good friend Becky, who I am actually living with during the summer!! We were hesitant and were going to try and go random, but we couldn't resist! We are excited to start off our BYU journey together!!
Basically, life is good!! I have amazing friends and family!! I feel so grateful to have friends that live the standards and help me to be better! I am having fun and living up the little time I have left! I can't believe how fast life is changing, but I know great things lie ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment